The production of enzymes and their activity increases. The nerve endings excitability improves, the microcirculation and the spread of edema and inflammatory infiltrates improve too, and the pain is reduced. Immune and anti-allergic protection gets stimulated thus activating the bone marrow hematopoiesis processes.
Stimulation of the recovery processes in a damaged liver by accelerating the oxidation and recovery processes in the liver cells under the influence of a low-intensity laser has been established. Particularly pronounced is the effect of bones, mucous membranes, and skin regeneration as well as the rapid epithelialization of wounds and ulcers. Local changes in the neuro-reflex and humoral way cause more general reactions, covering the whole organism. Laser therapy increases the sensitivity of the pathogenic microorganism to antibiotics. When applying laser beams to acupuncture points (laser acupuncture), the mechanisms of action are explained as in acupuncture – through changes in energies in the internal organs, tissues, and systems associated with the points. When the energies in them are reduced, the respective points are stimulated with the laser beams, and when they are increased, the points are calmed down (with the respective methods).
Laser radiation and laser surgery with quantum generators of different power are increasingly introduced in ophthalmology, otolaryngology, obstetrics and gynecology, urology, dentistry, pneumology, oncology, etc.
In summary, therapeutic laser devices have a powerful anti-inflammatory, analgesic, regenerative, vasodilating, immune-boosting, anti-allergic, and antimicrobial effect.
Health conditions subject to treatment
- Degenerative, inflammatory, traumatic, and occupational diseases of the musculoskeletal system (arthritic, arthritic, periarthritis, myotendinosis, tendovaginitis, epicondylitis, dystrophy, contusions, post-fracture conditions, etc.).
- Nervous system disorders: plexitis, radiculitis, discopathy, neuritis, shingles, traumatic lesions of peripheral nerves, etc.
- Skin diseases – urticaria, neurodermatitis, itchy dermatoses, herpes simplex, slow-healing ulcers, wounds, postoperative wounds, pressure ulcers, etc.
- Eye disorders – viral and bacterial keratitis, keratoconjunctivitis, macular degeneration, glaucoma, etc.
- Obstetric and gynecological diseases: cervical erosion, complicated wounds after O&G surgeries, precancerous changes of the cervix, etc.
- Malignant neoplasms, active tuberculosis, infectious diseases, thyrotoxicosis, blood diseases, cardiovascular and pulmonary insufficiency 2-3 stage, decompensated diabetes mellitus, advanced atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels, renal failure, internal organs diseases in the acute stage.
Laser therapy can be combined with massage, physical therapy, acupuncture, acupressure, heat treatment, hydrotherapy, etc.